Experienced Shelton Personal Attorneys for the People of Connecticut
Many people suffer a personal injury at some point in their life that was caused by the wrongful behavior of someone else: an automobile accident, medical malpractice, or a slip and fall accident. When this happens, you have rights, but you have to be able to enforce them effectively. That’s OK, because enforcing personal injury claims is our reason for existence. We are skilled and proved Shelton Personal Injury Lawyers and are ready to fight for your rights.
Our office in Shelton, CT handles a wide variety of personal injury claims. Shelton is home to our clients and friends from South End, Southview Avenue, Bridgeport Avenue, Pine Rock Park, and elsewhere in the metro area. Each client comes to us seeking justice, and each case is unique.
We Won’t Let the Insurance Company Play Games with You
Most personal injury claims are settled by insurance companies. And it really makes us angry when a company that is contractually obligated to take care of you in your time of need attempts to take advantage of your physical and emotional infirmity to smooth-talk you into accepting a low-ball settlement offer. We won’t stand for it. Hire our aggressive Shelton Personal Injury Attorneys to fight for you.
An Extraordinary Track Record
At Berkowitz Hanna, we are winners, and the world has noticed. Our firm’s lawyers have been showered with professional awards and honors. But the bottom line is that we consistently bring home full compensation to our clients.
- Partner Russell Berkowitz was voted as one of the Best Lawyers in America in medical malpractice by US News and World Reports
- Three of our five attorneys have been named Super Lawyers for the past four years running.
- Berkowitz Hanna is rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau
- Most of all, our firm has secured well over $100,000,000 in verdicts and settlements for our clients
A Word from a Client
“Thank you for everything you have done and for your consistency every step of the way. You kept me updated with my case and handled it with professionalism.”
– Henry Orton
Some of Our Personal Injury Practice Areas
We handle just about any type of personal injury claim. Some of the most common include:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are some of the most common mistakes made by auto accident victims?
There are many mistakes made, but some of the most common are:
- Failing to call the police after the accident
- Failing to seek prompt medical care
- Failing to collect information from the other driver and any witnesses
- Apologizing for the accident, even if only to be polite
- Trying to handle your claim on your own
What is attorney-client privilege?
Attorney-client privilege is a lawyer’s obligation to keep secret all information revealed by his client unless he has the client’s permission to reveal it. Under most circumstances, even a court cannot compel the attorney to reveal this information – we certainly won’t.
What happens to the claim if the victim dies of his injuries?
If the injury leads to death, a wrongful death claim arises. Wrongful death benefits can be substantial. They are generally paid to the victim’s probate estate and pass to heirs under the victim’s will or, in the absence of a will, under Connecticut’s intestate succession laws.
What does uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance cover?
Connecticut requires all of its drivers to purchase uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance with minimum limits of $20,000 per person/$40,000 per accident. This insurance will cover you if:
- The other driver was uninsured
- The other driver’s insurance is insufficient to cover your claim
- You were victimized by a hit-and-run driver who is never located.
Can I sue the government if it is responsible for my injuries?
Probably. Although the government does allow lawsuits against it, there are some important exceptions. The procedure is different as well, and you must meet the applicable deadlines.
If We Don’t Win You Don’t Pay
At Berkowitz Hanna, we’re not going to play “billable hour” games with you. Our fee is based strictly on results – it is calculated based on a percentage of the amount you actually win. In any case, your bill will not come due until your money actually arrives. We’re comfortable with this arrangement because winning is our job; it’s what we do.
Have You Suffered From a Shelton Personal Injury? Get Started Today; Call Experienced Lawyers
When you suffer a personal injury caused by someone else, an invisible clock begins to tick. The longer it ticks, the fainter your chances of full compensation become. The clock strikes midnight the moment the statute of limitations deadline passes. Don’t wait until the deadline is looming to act decisively. The sooner you act, the better your prospects will be.
What Constitutes Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice can take many different forms. From triage and diagnosis through treatment and surgery, mistakes at all stages of care can have lasting consequences for patients and their families. Our Shelton medical malpractice attorneys represent patients and families in cases involving all forms of medical malpractice, including:
- Delayed diagnosis, improper diagnosis, and failure to diagnose
- Delayed treatment
- Misreading scans and test results
- Failure to adequately explain treatment options
- Failure to provide proper treatment
- Prescription medication errors
- Anesthesia errors
- Surgical mistakes
- Inadequate patient monitoring or follow-up
- Failure to consider allergies or patient characteristics
- Rushing patient visits and overlooking signs and symptoms of medical conditions
This list is not exhaustive. If you have any concerns about the quality of medical care you or a loved one received in Shelton, you should promptly speak with a medical malpractice lawyer. With extensive experience representing patients and families, our Shelton medical malpractice lawyers will thoroughly assess your legal rights during your free initial consultation, and we will help you make informed decisions about what to do next.
Medical Malpractice Cases We Handle
We handle cases involving all forms of medical malpractice committed by all types of healthcare providers. Our lawyers represent clients in cases against healthcare providers in Shelton and throughout Connecticut involving:
- Anesthesiology malpractice
- OB/GYN and neonatal malpractice
- Cardiology malpractice
- Dental malpractice
- Emergency room negligence
- Family medicine malpractice
- Hospital malpractice
- Nursing malpractice
- Pharmaceutical malpractice
- Psychiatric malpractice
- Radiology malpractice
- Surgical malpractice (including robotic surgery malpractice)
- Other forms of medical malpractice
To find out if you have a malpractice claim, schedule a free, no-obligation consultation at Berkowitz Hanna. Your initial consultation is completely confidential and risk-free, and we will arrange for you to speak with one of our Shelton medical malpractice lawyers over the phone or at a convenient location as soon as possible.