Injury Lawyers Protecting the Rights of those Injured Because Someone Else Was Negligent
Serving Injury Victims throughout Connecticut Including Stamford, Danbury, Shelton, and Bridgeport
Some people view personal injury lawyers as self-serving ambulance chasers with no morals. And, we would be lying if we did not acknowledge that, indeed, there are attorneys out there who employ shady tactics just to make more money.
So, that being said, what makes our personal injury attorneys different? Why is our firm trusted and valued in the community?
Commitment – Dedication – Honesty
We are regarded as one of the preeminent, leading personal injury law firms in Connecticut. We commit ourselves and our resources to placing our clients’ needs and interests above all else. We honestly can say that we dedicate our legal abilities and our time to helping others injured through no fault of their own.
When we represent someone who was hurt because someone else was negligent, we do whatever it takes to ethically, responsibly, and tenaciously advocate for justice. To best serve our clients, we handle potential cases in the following manner:
- We always conduct a thorough evaluation of an individual’s potential claims before we accept a case:
- We review the facts of the matter and determine what additional information we need.
- If necessary, we consult with specialists and experts to evaluate injuries and to establish causation.
- We apply the law to the facts to determine if a viable claim is possible.
- We then provide an honest assessment of the case, the likelihood of a favorable outcome, and whether we feel we can move forward with the initiation of a lawsuit.
- We set forth realistic expectations based on our professional experience and on the facts of the case.
- We discuss potential next steps, and we go from there.
Experience Matters When it Comes to Your Personal Injury Case
“I want to express my appreciation for the work of Berkowitz[Hanna] and especially Christina Hanna. Christina represented me and my family recently in litigation. Her professionalism, perseverance and frankly brilliant work brought an apology from the defense. She made my case matter – for me and my daughter, and for the defense. This caring and drive to do the right thing for the right reason is why I believe in Christina and would highly recommend her to anyone. My entire family is grateful to Christina, and I hold her up as an example to my daughter of what strength and character can be. Thank you Christina, and Berkowitz[Hanna], for being there for me and my family.” -Irene Morton
In addition to our ethical and honest approach to all cases, we also offer a combined decades of experience, knowledge, and credibility. These attributes have helped us secure a reputation as a formidable law firm that provides the highest level of legal services.
Our superior personal injury legal team has extensive experience handling many types of injury cases throughout the State of Connecticut. We represent clients in state courts, federal courts, and before administrative agencies.
This quality and quantity of experience is essential to providing our clients with the best possible outcomes. We understand the many nuances of personal injury law and procedure. We also have an in-depth knowledge of Connecticut’s “no fault” laws, which is an important consideration in many personal injury cases.
Handling Insurance Companies and Their Attorneys
We spend significant time dealing with insurance companies and their attorneys. This is an important component of any personal injury case, and it is one where our reputation and successful track record truly benefit our clients:
- Insurance companies know we are not afraid to take a case to trial if they fail to present a fair and reasonable settlement offer of compensation to our client.
- They also know that we are extremely familiar with their tactics, the way they operate, and their practice of initially offering low-ball, unfair, and unreasonable settlement amounts.
- When insurance companies know that our team is on the other side of a case, they forego much of the gamesmanship and time-wasting bickering.
- Instead, they come to the table ready to begin a real discussion about the case and possible settlement options.
Recovering for Clients What the Need and Deserve
There is no crystal ball that can tell us exactly what your case is “worth.” Instead, we rely on our experience, judgment, and abilities to advise clients on potential recovery amounts.
We analyze the type and extent of your physical injuries as well as the financial burden associated with those injuries. We consider how your injuries affect your current and future employment opportunities. We also factor in the pain and suffering you and your loved ones must endure because of your injuries.
Specifically, we help clients recover the following types of financial damages:
- Medical expenses
- Related out-of-pocket costs
- Costs and expenses related to rehabilitation therapies
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Loss of companionship
- Lost wages, present and future
- Loss of earning capacity
- And more
Because there is so much at stake in the outcome of your personal injury case, put yourself in the best possible position to recover what you deserve. Contact us today.
Services We Provide
We personally work with you at each and every step of your case. We lead you through the maze that is personal injury litigation. We provide you with personalized attention, we timely respond to your questions; and we always address your concerns.
A list of some of the specific legal services we provide include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Investigating and gathering evidence
- Communicating directly with defense counsel and insurance companies
- Collecting medical records and bills – and crunching the numbers
- Deposing witnesses, including named defendant(s)
- Negotiating with insurance company representatives who make the decisions
- A complete array of litigation services, from start to finish
- Handling any necessary appeals
Our Personal Injury Practice Areas
We know that as attorneys, we cannot specialize in all areas of the law. We know that we can only provide the highest level of legal services to our clients if we focus on a select number of practice areas. Within these specific practice areas, we handle many, different types of legal matters and cases.
Our Connecticut personal injury attorneys clients injured in many types of accidents, including – but not limited to – the following:
- Catastrophic car, truck and motorcycle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Swimming accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Defective products
- Negligent security
- Premises liability
- Fires and explosions
- Medical malpractice of all kinds
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Transit System accidents
- Failure to warn
- Machinery malfunctions
No Fees Unless and Until We Recover Financial Compensation for You and Your Family
We handle personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. Therefore, you do not pay legal costs or fees unless and until you receive financial recovery by way of a settlement agreement or favorable court-ordered verdict.
Talk to a Connecticut Personal Injury Lawyer TODAY
If you suffered personal injuries in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, it is important to you, your loved ones, and your case to seek legal counsel as soon as you are able. There are deadlines that must be met and insurance companies to deal with.
Our Connecticut personal injury attorneys have extensive experience successfully handling injury and wrongful death cases involving the negligence of others.
Our offices in Danbury, Bridgeport, Shelton, and Stamford handle personal injury cases throughout the state. Call (203) 487-5725 or contact us via our online contact form to schedule a complimentary consultation with an experienced Connecticut personal injury lawyer today.