Our Shelton Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You Recover Your Losses
If you have been injured in an auto accident, you do not have to deal with your situation alone. Recovering your losses will be challenging; and, in order to protect your legal rights, you will need to have an experienced advocate on your side. At Berkowitz Hanna, we have been helping car crash accident victims in Shelton and across Connecticut for decades. Our trusted Shelton car accident attorneys can help you every step of the way during your recovery, and we can use our experience to make sure you receive the financial compensation to which you are entitled.
Why Is It Important to Speak with an Attorney After a Car Accident?
Many vehicle accident victims are apprehensive about hiring an attorney. However, the reality is that if you have been injured in a car accident in Shelton, you have no reason not to speak with an attorney about your legal rights. The financial and non-financial costs of your injuries could impact all aspects of your life; and, without experienced legal representation, you will not receive the full compensation to which you are entitled from the insurance companies.
Here are just some of the ways our Shelton car accident lawyers help vehicle accident victims in Shelton, CT:
- We provide free initial consultations that are completely risk-free and without obligation. During your free initial consultation, we will answer all of your questions, and we will make sure you know your next steps.
- We promptly investigate to determine who is liable for our clients’ injuries. There are numerous factors that can cause and contribute to car crash accidents. Our attorneys will investigate to determine what caused your accident and who is liable for your injuries.
- We deal with insurance companies on behalf of our clients. As our client, you will not have to deal with the insurance companies directly. Our proven Shelton car accident lawyers will handle all communications on your behalf, and we will make sure the insurance companies do not talk you into settling too soon.
- We fully calculate our clients’ current and future losses. One of the biggest mistakes people make after being injured in a car accident is settling their claim before they know how much they are entitled to recover. We will fully calculate your losses so that you know what constitutes fair compensation in your case.
- We fight to recover just compensation. While you might not want to deal with the insurance companies, standing up for your legal rights after a car accident is extremely important. Our Shelton car accident attorneys will do what it takes to make sure you receive the compensation you deserve.
5 Tips to Protect Yourself After a Car Accident in Shelton, CT
As an auto accident victim, there are both steps you need to take and the mistakes you need to avoid. Here are five important tips from our Shelton vehicle accident attorneys:
Tip #1: Tend to Your Medical Needs
First and most importantly, tend to your medical needs. See a doctor as soon as possible (if you haven’t already), and make sure you have a clear understanding of your diagnosis.
Tip #2: Write Down Everything You Remember
Take detailed notes about the car accident. Take your time, and write down everything you can remember about the moments leading up to the crash. Also, record anything that stands out to you from the scene of the crash.
Tip #3: Follow Your Doctor’s Advice
As time goes on, you will feel less and less like following your doctor’s advice. However, continuing with your treatment and recovery is extremely important, so you need to continue to do what your doctor recommends.
Tip #4: Don’t Let Anyone Tell You What to Do
You will get lots of advice from lots of people; and, if you file an insurance claim, your adjuster will try to tell you what to do as well. However, you need to avoid relying on bad advice, and you cannot rely on your adjuster to help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Tip #5: Seek Advice from an Attorney Promptly
In order to protect yourself after a car crash accident in Shelton, the most important thing you can do (after addressing your medical needs) is to seek advice from an experienced attorney. To discuss your case in confidence, schedule a free, no-obligation consultation at Berkowitz Hanna today.
Get Started with a Free, No-Obligation Consultation
If you have been injured in a car accident, our Shelton auto accident lawyers can help you recover just compensation, regardless of who is to blame for your accident-related losses. For a free, no-obligation consultation about your legal rights, call or inquire online today.