We Are Experienced Waterbury Truck Accident Attorneys Who Help Victims and Families Recover Maximum Compensation for Their Losses
After a serious truck accident, some things slow down while others begin to move quickly. Coming to terms with a life-altering injury or the loss of a loved one can seem interminable, while medical bills, voice messages from the insurance companies, and your loss of income can quickly become overwhelming.
At Berkowitz Hanna, we help truck accident victims and families who have lost loved ones in fatal truck accidents in Waterbury recover just compensation. Our Waterbury truck accident lawyers are committed to maximizing our clients’ financial recoveries, and we are passionate about holding trucking companies and other businesses liable for their mistakes. If you need help, we are here for you, and we encourage you to contact us promptly for a free consultation about your case.
Determining Your Legal Rights after a Commercial Truck Accident
In our experience handling commercial truck accident cases, victims are rarely to blame. Far more often, victims are seriously injured and lose their lives due to the negligence of others. Issues with trucks (and other vehicles involved in their collisions) frequently play roles as well. As your attorneys, we will conduct a thorough investigation to determine what caused the accident, and we will work with you, your doctors and other experts to calculate the financial compensation you and your family deserve.
What Caused the Accident?
Truck drivers can lose control for a broad range of different reasons. From their own negligence to the negligence of other drivers, and from issues with their trucks’ cargo to issues with their trucks themselves, all possibilities need to be explored. With extensive experience handling truck accident cases in Waterbury and throughout Connecticut, our Waterbury truck accident attorneys will ensure that no issues go overlooked, and we will ensure that we have the evidence we need in order to hold the appropriate parties accountable.
Some of the most common grounds for seeking financial compensation after a commercial truck accident include:
- Driver negligence (e.g., speeding, tailgating, merging into other vehicles, running red lights, and driving while distracted)
- Failure to maintain the truck (e.g., failure to replace worn tires or brake pads)
- Negligent maintenance work (e.g., performing a faulty brake job or failing to ensure proper adhesion of tire retreads)
- Truck and other vehicle defects (e.g., malfunctioning accelerator pedals, brakes, lights, and airbags)
- Cargo-related issues (e.g., failure to adequately secure cargo, failure to balance cargo loads, and failure to pressurize liquid cargo)
- Trucking company negligence (e.g., hiring inexperienced drivers and forcing drivers to exceed the federal hour limitations for time behind the wheel)
- Road defects and maintenance issues (e.g., off-ramps that are too steep, turns that are too sharp, unrepaired potholes, and debris from road construction sites)
Who Was at Fault?
Determining what caused the accident also allows you to determine who was at fault. And for purposes of seeking financial compensation, this is equally important. Even if your accident claim is covered by insurance (as is usually the case), you still need to know which insurance company – or insurance companies – are liable for your losses. Based on the list of possible factors above, parties that may be liable for commercial truck accidents include:
- The truck driver’s insurance company
- Another driver’s insurance company
- The trucking company or shipping company
- A vehicle or component manufacturer
- A dealership or repair shop
- A government agency or road construction contractor
How Much Are You Entitled to Recover?
After determining who is at fault, the next major step is determining how much you are entitled to recover. This is not easy, and it requires a thorough assessment of all of the particular facts and circumstances of your case. This includes not only facts and circumstances related to the accident and your physical injuries, but the immediate and long-term financial and psychological impacts of your injuries as well. As your attorneys, we will ensure that we have a comprehensive understanding of your losses, and we will fight to recover maximum compensation on your behalf.
What Are Your Next Steps?
While recovering financial compensation after a commercial truck accident is complicated, your next steps are simple: All you have to do is pick up the phone and schedule a free initial consultation. Our attorneys are here for you 24/7, and we can come to you in Waterbury if you prefer.
Speak with an Experienced Waterbury Truck Accident Lawyer for Free
To schedule a free initial consultation with a Waterbury truck accident attorney at Berkowitz Hanna, call us at 203-447-0000 or contact us online. You pay nothing unless we win.