Hospital Malpractice Lawyers Serving all of Connecticut including Stamford, Bridgeport, Shelton and Danbury
The medical malpractice lawyers at Berkowitz and Hanna LLC represent individuals and families affected by hospital malpractice throughout the state of Connecticut. If you or someone you love was harmed by hospital malpractice while in the care of St. Vincent’s Medical Center or another hospital in Connecticut, contact our firm to schedule a free review of your case.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport, Connecticut is a referral center for the region and a teaching hospital for the University of Connecticut School of Medicine and New York Medical College. The hospital also is affiliated with Quinnipiac School of Medicine, which will receive its first class of students in the fall of 2013.
The hospital has 473 beds and a Level II trauma center. Its 76-bed inpatient facility is in Westport for psychiatric patients.
In the late 1890s, a group of Catholic physicians determined that there was a need for a Catholic hospital in the city to serve European immigrants who were flocking to Bridgeport. The Daughters of Charity, in their assessment of the need for a new Catholic hospital in the city, decided that the hospital should be built in Bridgeport.
On the day it opened in June 1905, St. Vincent’s Hospital treated over 70 patients. To meet the need to expand and update the hospital facility, a new St. Vincent’s Medical Center opened in 1976 behind the old St. Vincent’s Hospital. Over 450 physicians serve the Medical Center’s patients. Over 2,000 people work for the hospital.
The Medical Center lists its regional centers of excellence in the fields of:
- Cancer care
- Women’s and family services
- Behavioral health
- Senior health
The Medical Center is a member of Ascension Health. In addition to the Medical Center, St. Vincent’s Health Services include:
- Hall-Brooke Behavioral Health Services
- St. Vincent’s Behavioral Health Services
- Westport Campus
- St. Vincent’s College
- St. Vincent’s Special Needs Services
- St. Vincent’s Medical Center Foundation
- St. Vincent’s Urgent Care/Walk-in Centers
In 2010, the Medical Center began building the Elizabeth M. Pfriem SWIM center for Cancer Care plus it started renovating and expanding the Michael J. Daly Emergency Department.
Medical Malpractice Cases
Medical malpractice can cause serious harm or death to patients. If you believe that a doctor or other healthcare provider was negligent during care for you or someone in your family, you can speak with an attorney at Berkowitz and Hanna LLC to find out if you have grounds to file a hospital malpractice suit.
To schedule a consultation with an experienced medical malpractice attorney, please contact us today.
- Bridgeport Hospital Malpractice
- Danbury Hospital Malpractice
- Greenwich Hospital Association Malpractice
- Griffin Hospital Malpractice
- John Dempsey Hospital Malpractice
- Milford Hospital, Inc. Malpractice
- New Milford Hospital Malpractice
- Norwalk Hospital Malpractice
- St. Francis Hospital And Medical Center Malpractice
- St. Mary’s Hospital Malpractice
- Hospital Of St. Raphael Malpractice
- St. Vincent’s Medical Center Malpractice
- Stamford Hospital Malpractice
- Waterbury Hospital Malpractice
- Yale New Haven Hospital