Russ Berkowitz and Kelly Ferraro have filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the State of Connecticut and J.M. Wright Technical School on behalf of a 15-year-old culinary arts program student who died at school following her allergic reaction to fish which triggered an asthma attack that progressed to respiratory arrest and remained without oxygen for almost 10 minutes before she was rushed to Stamford Hospital where she passed away.
According to Berkowitz,
“This is such a tragedy for a 15-year-old girl who had such a bright future ahead of her. The family is completely devastated.”
“It is mind-boggling that the teacher running the culinary class would put our client in such a dangerous situation in violation of State and School Guidelines for students with food allergies and asthma especially since the school and culinary teachers were well aware of our client’s medical history of seafood food allergies and asthma. In addition, the response to our client’s allergic reaction was egregious.”
The family is seeking $15,000,000.00 for the loss of their daughter.
2 Corporate Dr, 3rd Floor
Shelton CT 06484
1177 Summer St 4th Floor
Stamford CT 06905
57 North St #206 Danbury CT 06810
1087 Broad St
Bridgeport CT 06604
251 Edwards Street
New Haven CT 06511