When Truck Accidents Happen, the Consequences Can Be Devastating. Our Stratford Truck Accident Attorneys Can Help You Move on with Your Life
What do you need to know if you have been injured in an accident involving a commercial truck? What do you need to do? How can you make sure you have the financial resources you need for your recovery? These are all critically important questions, yet few people know how to answer them
At Berkowitz Hanna, we know what it takes to protect the legal rights of commercial truck accident victims in Connecticut. We have been representing individuals and families in Stratford and the surrounding areas for more than 40 years, and we have recovered millions of dollars for our clients’ losses. If you have been injured or lost a loved one, we can explain everything you need to know, and we can fight for your rights while you focus on getting better.
We Help Truck Accident Victims and Families in Stratford, CT
There are many aspects of commercial truck accident cases that make them unique from insurance claims involving other types of vehicle collisions. With our decades of experience, we are intimately familiar with these issues, and we use this familiarity to our clients’ advantage. When you contact us, we will quickly conduct an investigation to identify the party (or parties) that are to blame for the collision, and we will then begin working diligently to recover maximum compensation for your accident-related losses. Depending on the circumstances of your case, this may include compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Prescription costs
- Funeral and burial costs
- Other out-of-pocket expenses
- Loss of income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Loss of companionship and consortium
- Loss of services and support
- Loss of enjoyment of life
The specific amount you and your family are entitled to recover will depend on the unique circumstances of your case. Our Stratford truck accident lawyer will work closely with you, your doctor, and our trusted experts to ensure that we are seeking full compensation for your financial and non-financial losses.
Proving Fault after a Commercial Truck Accident in Stratford
Due to the enormous size and weight of commercial trucks, even minor issues and mistakes can trigger serious collisions. Of course, in many cases, the mistake that triggers an accident is far from “minor.” We handle truck accident cases involving all types of causes, including causes within the control of the truck driver, the trucking company, the shipping company that loaded the truck, the truck manufacturer, and other drivers on the road.
While each case is unique, some of the most common causes of truck accidents include:
- Lack of truck driver training or experience
- Negligent or reckless driving
- Defective brakes, tires, or other vehicle components
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving or drug-impaired driving
- Fatigued driving or falling asleep behind the wheel
- Faulty cargo straps or other safety devices
- Cargo loading errors
- Exceeding federal limits on truck driver hours
- Other safety violations and forms of negligence
Regardless of what happened, under no circumstances should you assume that you or your loved one was to blame. The truth is that there is simply no way to know who was at fault without conducting a thorough investigation. Furthermore, even if you or your loved one played a role in causing the accident, you could still have a viable claim for compensation under Connecticut law.
Put Our Stratford Lawyers’ Experience and Commitment to Work for You
Choosing a law firm can be stressful, and once you have made your choice, you need to feel 100% confident in your decision. Here are just five of the reasons why accident victims in Stratford trust the attorneys at Berkowitz Hanna:
- Experience – We have handled numerous truck accident cases on behalf of individuals and families in Connecticut.
- Commitment – We approach every case with an unwavering commitment to securing the best possible result for our client.
- Compassion – We are compassionate advocates for our clients, and this compassion shows through in everything that we do.
- Communication –We are here for you when you need us, and we will keep you informed about your case every step of the way.
- Results – We have negotiated several multi-million-dollar settlements for our clients, and we have won many sizable verdicts at trial.
Contact Us Today for a Free and Confidential Consultation
Let us help you recover the financial compensation you deserve. If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a commercial truck accident, call or contact us online to speak with a Stratford truck accident attorney about your case today.