Proven Stratford Personal Injury Attorneys Ready To Assist You
Accidents happen, and when they do, they are usually someone’s fault. In legal terms, this fault is referred to as “negligence,” and Connecticut law entitles victims of negligence to recover just compensation for all of their financial and non-financial losses.
Unfortunately, the process of recovering just compensation is not nearly this straightforward. Typically, filing a personal injury claim means dealing with the negligent party’s insurance company, and the insurance companies will fight to deny victims’ claims by all means available. In order to recover just compensation, you need to be able to overcome their tactics, and you also need to know what constitutes a fair settlement or verdict in your case.
Experienced Stratford Personal Injury Lawyer Ready To Serve You
At Berkowitz Hanna, we bring a long history of experience in fighting for accident victims in Stratford, CT. If you were injured in a vehicle collision or other accident, we can use our experience to help you win the financial compensation you deserve. We can promptly conduct an investigation to preserve critical evidence, if necessary. And while we focus our efforts on settling all cases for maximum value as quickly as possible, we also prepare every case for the possibility of going to trial.
We Help Accident Victims in Stratford Recover Just Compensation
Our practice encompasses the representation of individuals and families in cases involving all types of serious and fatal accidents in Stratford and throughout Connecticut. We have particular experience in cases involving severe traumatic injuries such as spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries (TBI), burns, and broken bones. But, regardless of the circumstances of your case, we encourage you to get in touch. Our legal team can help you understand your legal rights, the mistakes you need to avoid when dealing with the insurance companies, and how to make sure you are seeking maximum compensation for your injury-related losses.
How can we help you? Contact us now for a free initial consultation about your personal injury claim involving:
- Car, Truck, SUV, or Motorcycle Accident
- Public Transit Accident
- Bicycle or Pedestrian Accident
- Swimming or Boating Accident
- Negligent Security, Slip, and Fall, or Other Premises-Related Claim
- Defective Product (including Defective Drugs)
- Machinery Malfunction
- Fire or Explosion
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect
Injured in an Accident in Stratford? Here’s What You Need to Know
Dealing with the aftermath of an accident is complicated. At Berkowitz Hanna, we want to make the process of recovering just compensation as easy for you as possible. If you have been injured in Stratford, here’s what you need to know:
- The sooner you seek help, the better. This applies to obtain treatment for your injuries and speaking with a personal injury lawyer about your legal rights. Delays can jeopardize your health and your financial recovery, and you do not want to give the insurance companies any excuse to deny your claim for compensation.
- Your losses could be substantial. Under Connecticut law, negligence victims are entitled to full compensation for their financial and non-financial losses. This includes current and future medical bills, loss of income, pain, and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of consortium and companionship, and loss of enjoyment of life.
- The insurance companies won’t offer what they owe. If you receive a settlement offer after contacting your insurance company, this offer is likely to be far less than the full amount you are owed. In order to negotiate a fair settlement, you need to provide clear evidence of both the cause of the accident and the extent of your financial and non-financial losses.
- Mistakes can jeopardize your recovery. In addition to waiting longer than necessary, there are other mistakes that can jeopardize your recovery as well. These include things like giving recorded statements to the insurance companies, posting about the accident on social media, ignoring your doctor’s advice, and returning to work too soon.
- There is light at the end of the tunnel. Despite the challenges involved, you can recover just compensation for your accident-related losses. Our attorneys are here for you, and we are prepared to fight to win the financial compensation you deserve.
Schedule a Free Initial Consultation at Berkowitz Hanna
For more information about your legal rights in Connecticut, please contact us to schedule a free initial consultation. To speak with a skilled Stratford personal injury attorney, call or inquire online now.