Our Experienced Seymour Medical Malpractice Attorneys Represent Patients and Families in Seymour, CT. Contact us 24/7 to Request a Free Consultation
All of us will need medical care at some point in our lives. And when the time comes, we expect our healthcare providers to use their training and expertise to help us. Sadly, far too many people find their trust in their doctors betrayed. Misdiagnoses, medication errors, surgical errors, and other mistakes are alarmingly common at medical facilities in Seymour and throughout Connecticut.
If you believe that your doctor made a mistake, or if you believe that your loved one’s death is the result of medical malpractice, it is important that you speak with a Seymour medical malpractice attorney. By taking legal action, you can help protect others from similar mistakes and you can make sure you have the financial resources you need to move on. The financial and non-financial costs of medical malpractice can be devastating – many of our clients have been entitled to millions of dollars in compensation – and hiring an experienced Seymour medical malpractice lawyer is the only way to ensure that you and your family receive the financial compensation you deserve.
Our Seymour Medical Malpractice Lawyer Can Help You Prove Your Doctor’s Mistake
Licensed medical professionals, healthcare facilities, and their insurance companies will vigorously dispute claims of medical malpractice. As a result, as a patient or family member, it is up to you to prove that you are entitled to compensation for a medical mistake. Our Seymour medical malpractice attorneys have decades of combined experience proving our clients’ medical malpractice claims, and our firm has served residents of Seymour and the surrounding areas for more than 40 years.
Medical malpractice can take many different forms, and it can have many different consequences. We handle serious and fatal medical malpractice cases of all kinds, including those involving:
- Anesthesia Malpractice
- OBGYN/Labor and Delivery Malpractice
- Blood Transfusion Mistakes
- Brain Damage
- Cardiology Malpractice
- Cerebral Palsy and Erb’s Palsy
- Emergency Room Errors
- Heart Attacks
- Hospital Administration Errors
- Medication Errors
- Misdiagnosis, Delayed Diagnosis, and Failure to Diagnose
- Psychiatric Malpractice
- Radiology and X-Ray Malpractice
- Robotic Surgery Malpractice
- Surgical Injuries
- Weight Loss Procedure Injuries
Examples of Our Results in Medical Malpractice Cases
A medical error can impact all aspects of your life. From the enormous cost of medical care to daily pain and suffering, many patients’ lives are never the same. Losing a loved one to an avoidable mistake is a tragedy. And while nothing can replace what you have lost, securing financial compensation is an important step in the recovery process.
At Berkowitz Hanna, we are passionate about helping victims of medical malpractice in Seymour, and we sincerely want to help you and your family. While every case is unique and no outcome is ever guaranteed, here are some examples of the results we have obtained for our clients:
- $9,000,000 – Brain damage due to obstetrician and hospital malpractice.
- $6,100,000 – Paralysis due to an anesthesia error.
- $5,250,000 – Stroke and paralysis due to obstetrician and hospital malpractice.
- $4,850,000 – Hypoxic brain injury due to neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) malpractice.
- $4,250,000 – Wrongful death due to delayed diagnosis of rectal cancer.
- $3,700,000 – Hysterectomy and infertility due to gynecologist malpractice.
- $3,700,000 – Limb-altering injuries due to delayed diagnosis of bacterial infection.
- $3,000,000 – Wrongful death due to failure to diagnose fatty liver disease.
- $3,000,000 – Infant brain damage due to anesthesia error.
- $2,600,000 – Wrongful death due to delayed diagnosis of prostate cancer.
What to Expect When You Choose Berkowitz Hanna in Seymour, CT
We take on complex medical malpractice cases because we care deeply about protecting the legal rights of patients and families who trust their medical providers in their times of need. When you contact us about your case in Seymour, our law firm will:
- Meet with you one-on-one to discuss your case and explain everything you need to know.
- Conduct a comprehensive case evaluation to determine (i) whether we believe you have a viable claim, and (ii) if so, how much we believe we can help you recover.
- Discuss your options and help you make an informed decision about moving forward with a claim for medical malpractice.
- If you choose to move forward, vigorously pursue your claim with the goal of negotiating a settlement while also preparing for the possibility of trial.
- Keep you updated throughout the process, meet with you to discuss any settlement offers, and help you decide how and when to resolve your case.
Get Started with a Free Initial Consultation in Seymour, CT
For more information about how we help individuals and families in cases of medical malpractice, please contact us to schedule a free initial consultation. Call to request an appointment, or tell us how we can help online and we will respond to your inquiry shortly.