Berkowitz and Hanna LLC: Serving Stamford, Danbury, Bridgeport, Shelton and all of Connecticut
Protecting the Rights of Those Injured Because Someone Else Was Negligent
Extensive Experience in the Areas of Law that Matter Most to Our Clients
At Berkowitz and Hanna LLC, we recognize that we cannot specialize in all areas of the law. We know that we can only provide the highest level of legal services to our clients if we focus on a select number of practice areas. Within these specific practice areas, we handle many, different types of legal matters and cases.
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Defective Drugs
- Products Liability
Medical malpractice occurs when a doctor, nurse, or other healthcare provider’s negligence or recklessness leads to a patient’s injury, death, or worsening of the patient’s condition. Medical malpractice is all too common in the United States; and the resulting litigation it is one of the most complex, challenging, and sophisticated areas of law. In fact, the challenges begin before a lawsuit ever gets filed.
Essentially, before an attorney can initiate a medical malpractice lawsuit on behalf of an injured client, Connecticut law mandates that the attorney first conducts a reasonable and thorough investigation to determine if, in good faith, a viable claim exists.
Important Considerations In Investigating a Medical Malpractice Case
When investigating the viability of a potential case, our trusted legal team conducts a thorough evaluation and analysis of many considerations:
- Whether the injured party can adequately show that the actions or inactions of the medical care provider fell short of the acceptable medical standard of care.
- Whether the medical care provider can demonstrate that his or her actions were in line with what other providers have done or would have done in similar circumstances.
- Whether expert medical opinions and testimony can establish the appropriate medical standard of care and that the defendant’s actions failed to meet this standard.
- Whether expert medical opinions and testimony establish that the act of malpractice directly caused the plaintiff’s injuries.
For the best chance at a favorable outcome in your medical malpractice, you must hire an extensively experienced, successful attorney who specializes in these types of cases.
Our Medical Malpractice Areas
Our medical malpractice legal team helps clients injured in many types medical & surgical negligence cases, including but not limited to the following:
- Anesthesia injuries
- Birth injuries, including Cerebral Palsy, Erb’s Palsy, and more
- Blood transfusion mistakes
- Brain damage
- Cancer misdiagnosis, including Leukemia misdiagnosis
- Cardiology errors and heart attack mistakes
- Doctor mistakes and negligence
- Hospital mistakes and negligence
- Elder abuse
- Failure to diagnose, misdiagnosis & delayed diagnosis
- Improper medication and medication errors
- Psychiatric malpractice
- Radiology malpractice, including X-ray malpractice
- Surgical malpractice, including malpractice related to robotic surgery, weight-loss surgery, and more
- Spinal cord injuries
- Wrongful death
- Much more
Our superior personal injury legal team has extensive experience handling many types of injury cases throughout the State of Connecticut. We represent clients in state courts, federal courts, and before administrative agencies.
Our Personal Injury Practice Areas
Our personal injury legal team helps clients injured in many types of accidents, including but not limited to the following:
- Catastrophic car, truck and motorcycle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Swimming accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Defective products
- Negligent security
- Premises liability
- Fires and explosions
- Medical malpractice of all kinds
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Transit System accidents
- Failure to warn
- Machinery malfunctions
This quality and quantity of experience is essential to providing our clients with the best possible outcomes. We pride ourselves in understanding the many nuances of personal injury law and procedure.
Because there is so much at stake in the outcome of your personal injury case, put yourself in the best possible position to recover what you deserve. Contact our knowledgeable team today.
Despite the immeasurable benefits that medicines provide to humankind, the truth is that hidden hazards exist with respect to some of these medicines. These hazards may result in severe injury or death to those who may never know of the dangers.
If you or a loved one took medication that resulted in serious side effects and injury, you may be eligible for compensation from the manufacturer. Defective drug claims rely heavily on the facts of the specific circumstances, so it is critical to contact an experienced attorney as soon as possible.
The dedicated defective drug legal team handles a number of defective drug cases, including claims for the following:
- Defective manufacture – The specific drug was improperly manufactured and/or was contaminated prior to the patient’s use.
- Dangerous side effects – Despite the proper manufacture and use of the drug, the drug was inherently dangerous due to known or unknown serious side effects.
- Improperly marketed or insufficient warnings – Sometimes, patients suffer injuries because they are unaware of the dangers of a drug due to inadequate or inaccurate warnings of potential side effects and/or because of the defendant’s failure to provide proper instructions on the safe and appropriate use of the drug.
Recently, some of the drugs investigated and linked to potential health risks include the following: Avandia®, Fleet Phospho-soda®, Actos®, GranuFlo®, Paxil®, Nexium®, Prilosec®, Yaz® birth control, Accutane®, Fosamax®, and Heparin®. The list of potentially hazardous drugs grows every day.
If you or a loved one has experienced harm as a result of a prescription or nonprescription medication, contact our firm to discuss your situation.
In the United States, an astounding number of people are injured and killed by dangerous and defective products every year; and in many of these cases, one or more parties may be liable.
Product liability is the term for the area of law that concerns the safety of products. Any party in the chain of production may face potential liability if a dangerous product enters the marketplace, including the manufacturer, parts supplier, distributor, and retailer.
The three aspects of production that may result in a product liability claim include the following:
Even the “safest” product may be harmful if it is not designed, manufactured, or marketed correctly. However, there are some products that are more susceptible to defects than others, such as:
- Prescription and non-prescription drugs
- Medical devices, such as hip implants and cryotherapy devices
- Motor vehicle parts, including faulty tires and brakes
- Children’s toys, including those with dangerous levels of lead or other toxins
- Safety equipment, such as fire alarms and smoke detectors
An unsafe product potentially may cause serious injuries (including brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, blindness, disfigurement, chronic pain, permanent disability) and even death.
Product liability litigation is a very complex, technical area of law that relies heavily on expert testimony to identify defects and causation of injuries. Experts must also be able to effectively communicate these issues to a judge and jury. Moreover, many manufacturers and other liable parties are national and sometimes international corporations – with unlimited litigation resources.
If you or a loved one has been injured by an unsafe product, you need legal representation from our experienced injury lawyers. We continue to successfully help clients with product liability cases throughout Connecticut.
No Fees Unless and Until We Recover Financial Compensation for You and Your Family
We handle injury cases on a contingency fee basis. Therefore, you do not pay legal costs or fees unless and until you receive financial recovery by way of a settlement agreement or favorable court-ordered verdict.
Contact Berkowitz and Hanna LLC Today
Our attorneys have a combined decades of experience helping clients recover financial compensation for their injuries. If you believe that you have been harmed as a result of medical malpractice, an accident, a defective drug, and/or a defective product, you should speak with an experienced Connecticut injury attorney as soon as possible.
The firm’s lawyers are extensively experienced in these highly specialized areas of law. Call (203) 487-5698 or send us an email to schedule an evaluation of your case.