The Connecticut medical malpractice lawyers at Berkowitz and Hanna LLC represent individuals and families affected by mistakes made in hospitals and medical facilities across the state, including Griffin Hospital. If you or someone you love is harmed by hospital malpractice, you can seek legal assistance from the attorneys at our firm. To learn more, schedule a consultation today.
Griffin Hospital in Derby, Connecticut is a 260-bed acute care teaching hospital that provides medical care to 100,000 persons who live in the Lower Naugatuck Valley region. Its primary service area includes Ansonia, Beacon Falls, Derby, Oxford, Seymour and Shelton. The hospital has more than 280 active and courtesy physicians.
The hospital employs 1,357 persons. The facility treated 7,719 inpatients and nearly 40,000 Emergency Department patients in fiscal year 2010.
As an affiliate of the Yale School of Medicine, it is where medical residents provide modern patient care while learning the practice of internal medicine and conducting clinical research. After a preliminary year, residents may choose to work in either internal medicine or combined internal medicine and preventive medicine. The latter includes a Master’s Degree in Public Health at the Yale School of Epidemiology and Public Health.
A grant from the Centers for Disease Control enabled the hospital to establish the Yale-Griffin Research Center as one of 35 CDC-sponsored centers across the country and the only one based in a hospital. Griffin Hospital was named one of the nation’s 100 best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine in 2009.
The hospital lists some of its most popular services as:
- Center for Cancer Care
- Griffin Faculty Practice
- Griffin Imaging & Diagnostics Center at Ivy Brook
- The Hewitt Center for Breast Wellness
- The Integrative Medicine Center
- Weight Loss/Weight Management Services
In 2009 the hospital was 100 years old.
Griffin Hospital and Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice is the term that describes care that is substandard. When a doctor, nurse, specialist, or other healthcare provider makes a mistake, a patient can suffer serious and sometimes fatal injuries. Examples of medical or hospital malpractice include:
- Cancer misdiagnosis
- Failure to properly treat a condition and its symptoms
- Failure to communicate with the patient and/or other staff members
- Failure to treat an emergency condition in a timely manner
- Spreading infections because of unsanitary practices such as not washing hands
- Giving a patient the wrong type or dose of a medication
- Administering treatment or medication to the wrong patient
If you feel that you or someone you love was harmed by substandard care from a staff member of Griffin Hospital or another hospital in Connecticut, you should consult with an attorney to find out if you have a legal claim. You may be eligible to pursue damages such as injuries and suffering. To learn more, contact Berkowitz and Hanna LLC today.
- Bridgeport Hospital Malpractice
- Danbury Hospital Malpractice
- Greenwich Hospital Association Malpractice
- Griffin Hospital Malpractice
- John Dempsey Hospital Malpractice
- Milford Hospital, Inc. Malpractice
- New Milford Hospital Malpractice
- Norwalk Hospital Malpractice
- St. Francis Hospital And Medical Center Malpractice
- St. Mary’s Hospital Malpractice
- Hospital Of St. Raphael Malpractice
- St. Vincent’s Medical Center Malpractice
- Stamford Hospital Malpractice
- Waterbury Hospital Malpractice
- Yale New Haven Hospital