Our Derby Medical Malpractice Attorneys Are Passionate about Holding Negligent Healthcare Providers Responsible for Patients’ and Families’ Losses
Even if you have heard stories, you never expected it to happen to you: A doctor, nurse, or other healthcare provider made a mistake, and now you are forced to cope with the consequences. Whether you were misdiagnosed or a loved one tragically lost his or her life as the result of an avoidable error, what’s done is done and now you have no choice but to try to move on.
We do not envy your situation. Few words can describe the feeling of learning that you have misplaced your trust in a medical professional. Sadly, cases of medical malpractice are all too common, and each year, hundreds of thousands of Americans die due to medical mistakes – far more suffer non-fatal injuries and illnesses. And despite the alarming statistics on medical malpractice, it is widely understood that the majority of cases go unreported.
Experienced Medical Malpractice Lawyers Serving Derby, CT
If you believe that you may be a victim of medical malpractice, or if you have lost a loved one due to a medical error, we want to help you. We are passionate about holding negligent health care providers and medical facilities accountable for their mistakes. We represent individuals and families in Derby and throughout Connecticut. And if you are entitled to financial compensation, we will work tirelessly to make sure you receive full compensation for your current and future losses.
Medical malpractice is the core of what we do. We have decades of experience securing just compensation for patients and their families. This includes securing numerous awards in excess of one million dollars. Some examples of our settlements and verdicts in medical malpractice cases include:
- $9 million for an infant who suffered severe brain damage due to obstetrician and hospital malpractice.
- $6.1 million for a patient who was paralyzed due to an anesthesia error prior to an anterior cervical discectomy procedure.
- $5.25 million for a female patient who suffered a massive stroke and paralysis due to obstetrician and hospital malpractice.
- $4.85 million for an infant who sustained a hypoxic brain injury as a result of a hospital neonatal intensive care unit’s negligent airway management.
- $4.25 million for the estate of a patient who died as a result of a delayed rectal cancer diagnosis.
- $3.7 million for a female patient whose gynecologist caused her to undergo a hysterectomy following a negligent surgical procedure, preventing her from bearing children.
- $3.7 million for a patient whose physician failed to timely diagnose a bacterial infection leading to catastrophic limb-altering injuries.
We Handle Cases Involving All Forms of Medical Malpractice in Derby, CT
Our Derby medical malpractice attorney handles cases involving all forms of medical malpractice in Derby, CT. Regardless of what happened – and even if you are unsure whether your doctor, nurse, or other care provider made a mistake – we encourage you to get in touch with us. We will thoroughly evaluate your case and help you make an informed decision about asserting your legal rights. We routinely assist individuals and families in cases including:
- Anesthesia Injuries
- Birth Injuries
- Blood Transfusion Mistakes
- Brain Damage
- Cancer Misdiagnosis
- Cardiology Malpractice
- Cerebral Palsy and Erb’s Palsy
- Emergency Room Errors
- Hospital Malpractice
- Medication Errors
- Misdiagnosis, Delayed Diagnosis, and Failure to Diagnose
- Psychiatric Malpractice
- Radiology Malpractice
- Robotic Surgery Malpractice
- Surgical Injuries
- Weight Loss Claims
- X-Ray Malpractice
Let Our Law Firm Help You Recover Just Compensation
Depending on the circumstances of your case, our attorneys may be able to help you secure a significant financial recovery for your injury or illness or your loved one’s death. In a typical case, we will seek full compensation for our client’s current and future:
- Medical Expenses
- Rehabilitation Expenses
- Prescription Costs
- Other Out-of-Pocket Costs
- Loss of Earnings
- Pain and Suffering
- Loss of Companionship, Consortium, and Support
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life
- Other Financial and Non-Financial Losses
You are facing difficult circumstances. But, in order to protect yourself and your family, you need to take action. Luckily, the first step is easy—all you have to do is get in touch with us. Our attorneys and professional staff members will take care of you the rest of the way, and we will do everything in our power to make sure you are satisfied with the outcome of your case.
Speak with a Derby Medical Malpractice Lawyer for Free
To speak with an experienced medical malpractice lawyer at Berkowitz Hanna, please call or contact us online. We will schedule your free initial consultation as soon as possible.